Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Start of a Casserole Carrier

A few weeks ago, when I was cleaning out my father's apartment, I came across my mom's casserole carrier. I'm not sure where she got it or if someone made it for her, but I remember her using it. It worked great. The only problem, it is seriously ugly!

So I decided that it would be easy enough to make a new one for myself in a bit more modern fabrics.  I figured that this would be a great project to practice quilting on my new machine. So I started making a prototype casserole carrier.



The back/inside of the carrier




I'm using Insul-bright and with another layer of Warm and Natural batting. If it turns out, I plan on writing up a tutorial for it and posting.

I'm linking up with a Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free-Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

12 comments:

  1. Your new fabric is fantastic and I love the way you are quilting it!! This will be neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting on that looks great. You are really good at hitting the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love that you traced the pattern. It's so simple yet so bold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like an update. Yours will be to pretty to use. Beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely so far. I admit that on the rare instances I need to carry a casserole I just wrap it in tea towels. This would be much safer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the fabric for the quilting pattern, what a great gift

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is wonderful and brings your fabric to life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That flowery-leafy fabric is great! Looks like fun to quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric you are using is so prettty! I wonder if the person who made the original thought it sinful to have pretty for the kitchen? Yours is going to be a joy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make some of these. I'm always taking food to friends at church

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to have a Wowser! for a casserole carrier! The bright and eye catching fabric is going to get you man comments when you use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. man is supposed to be many. IPad automatic correction!

      Delete