Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Still Cold, Still Quilting!!!!!

Another week in the arctic blast zone - teens and single digits. I realize that I live in the north and winter should be cold, but by this time of year the temps should start to be above freezing during the day and below freezing at night. How else are we going to get maple syrup?????

The good thing about this weather is that I have been quilting. Oh yes, for the third week in a row, I have finished another quilt on the WIP list, Charming Squares. I will have full pictures on Friday, but here's a sneak peek.
 I've always loved pictures of quilts rolled up, just showing the binding!

I've also gotten a little more done on my Pantone quilt 2014.

 I just have to finish the top two blocks and then carefully sew them all together matching up the stripes. I'm really quite pleased with how graphic this quilt is turning out. I keep thinking about how it would look with other color combinations. Might be fun to play around with some different colors and sizes.

I've also been playing around with how to quilt this thing. 

I'm not sure I like this, I might have to do a little more fiddling around and trying some different options.

Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (5)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Casserole Carrier
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
 
New projects: (0) 

Finished (1)
Charming Squares Quilt

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!





Color Me Quilty!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Keep on quilting. It is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting :) It's 100F here - can you please send some of your cold our way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm following you now. You have some of the best ideas ever! Thanks for sharing! Cheery wave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely loving the flower and swirls FMQ. Probably something similar for the outer rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the quilting you have on them! It never occurred to me that this cold could affect maple syrup. Now I'm worried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the cold. I am so done with winter! The quilting looks amazing... I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete