Friday, June 20, 2014

A Finished Tree Quilt


Finally, finally!!! I finished my Tree quilt. Pretty happy with the outcome. So what do you think?


 




 I decided on a faux piped binding with three chunks of the dark teal mixed added. I love the fact that the teal ended up going around the bottom corner of the quilt.

 

 This is the trunk of the tree that I see outside my sewing room window. I think I see the inspiration.





I am more than a little pleased with the Quilters Dream Wool batting, I will most definitely be using that again. The quilt is incredibly soft for having this much quilting on it. I really have come to the conclusion that Quilters Dream batting, whether it's their cotton, poly, puff or wool really makes a huge difference when FMQ compared to any other batting. It just quilts sooooo much smoother. Of course it goes without saying that I'm also a huge fan of Aurifil thread. I used about three large spools of Aurifil #5004 50wt. thread on this quilt (large throw sized).


I think the back looks pretty good too. Just don't look too close at the teal areas. The weave of that fabric was a bit loose and just didn't handle the quilting well. Live and learn I guess.

This was quilted on my BabyLock Tiara (a sit down mid-arm machine).


Today, I'm linking up with TGIFF, Link-A-Finish Friday, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop and Finish It Up Friday


Color Me Quilty!

Pat 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish, Pat! I love that your different quilting motifs coordinate with each other and bring the viewer in closer. Gorgeous! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It looks stunning from a distance, and then you notice the amazing quilting. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the quilting!! Did you do that on a home machine or long arm? WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your quilting is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pat! This is stunning! What a gorgeous, gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is absolutely gorgeous, I would love to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible quilting! I love the tree theme and your imaginative way of weaving that theme throughout. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! It looks wonderful. How is the midarm compared to the domestic? Is it really worth the price?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I got to see this in person! I love the movement from the trees to leaves to bark. The acid green color gets your attention, then you start wondering what's in that expanse of gray and have to come in for a closer look. Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete