Monday, April 6, 2015

Carefully Lined and Zipped!

My lovely and talented stepdaughter likes to knit and felt, but when it comes to sewing, not so much. She knit and felted two bags recently and asked if I would line them and add a zipper to one of them. Yikes, I'm not a huge fan of this type of sewing, especially zippers, but this stepdaughter keeps me stocked in homemade canned stock. How in the world could I say no?  So I said sure!

We dug through my stash and found some fabric (what a surprise) that was fun and went with the bags. There was an open sew at my local quilt shop (Quilters Corner) and I thought that this was the perfect project to do - nothing like having a little moral support!

The first bag just needed a lining - I even lined the top flap.


And of course added interior pockets.

The second bag was a little harder. I added a two-way purse zipper and a lining.
 Again, lots of interior pockets.

I was able to give them to her yesterday for Easter. I think this must have been a record turn-around time, she only gave them to me last weekend or so.

Well, I'm off to work. I have to pay for this hobby some how!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment